Recently, I’ve been using TED’s videos as a resource for my Contemporary Issues class that I teach to the MA students. The selection is eclectic, but usually linked to areas of Social, Economic, Technological, Environmental and Political issues. Instead of putting them all here, I’ve listed the ones which are my favourite in terms of most inspirational, informational and convincing.
1. Hans Rosling: Making Stats Sexy
2. Isabel Allende: Tales of passion
3. Cameron Sinclair Open-source architecture
4. Edward Burtnsky – manufactured landscape
5. Jonathan Harris: The art of collecting stories